Orhideea Residence & Spa, which is carbon neutral thanks to Allcot, is a 2017 Travelers’ Choice Award Winner
This year’s UNFCCC climate summit in Bonn was never going to be
La cumbre climática de la CMNUCC de este año en Bonn nunca
- Interesting video: The 5 Stages of Climate Change Grief w/ Bill Nye and Arnold Schwarzenegger https://t.co/kZKMQ0WLS1 2 days
- Building new renewables is now cheaper than just running old coal and nuclear plants https://t.co/EcJYXWbrek via @thinkprogress 2 days
- @CDP launches its first European report to assess action on #climatechange, water risk and deforestation https://t.co/mWvYZlxvvt 3 days
- #COP23 Report: A Step Forward, but a Long Way Still to Go https://t.co/U5L2IruSXp https://t.co/pFEZjpiR1T 3 days
- Norway's Central Bank has recommended oil and gas holdings are removed from its sovereign wealth fund https://t.co/rirtPDtNGJ via @wef 3 days
- Ex-UN climate chief sees climate action 'explosion' in coming decade https://t.co/nIGag6yelj 6 days
- #Canada and #UK taking the initiative at #COP23 by launching #PoweringPastCoal Alliance https://t.co/9ODrVrvN9L 6 days
- ALLCOT participated in the Green Fashion Week- Rome 2017, a CO2 free event @GREEN_FW https://t.co/L00pMMcOSt https://t.co/vSA6NiGw4Q 7 days
- California may use 50 percent renewable electricity by 2020, a decade ahead of schedule https://t.co/Yneunv0vwX via @grist 7 days
- EU tempted to bypass #Poland to meet climate commitments https://t.co/LgeuajWJbf 7 days
Orhideea Residence & Spa, the largest aparthotel and spa in Bucharest, is a 2017 Travelers’ Choice Award Winner. Specifically, Orhideea Residence & Spa is a winner in the following categories: Top 25 Hotels — Romania and Top 25 Hotels for Service — Romania.
Travelers’ Choice awards are the highest honor TripAdvisor can give – meaning a business is truly exceptional. Based on reviews and opinions from millions of travelers, Orhideea Residence & Spa is in the top 1% of hotels in the world.
This shows that customers take sustainability into account when they choose accommodation. And offseting its unavoidable greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions is a part of a wider sustainability strategy developed by this aparthotel, which has already involved the replacement of incandescent lightbulbs with lowenergy LED units; improved waste sorting and reduced paper usage. Together, these actions make it one of Romania’s leading sustainable hotel and spa complexes, with 15kg tCO2e per night, which is less than half the Romanian national average of CO2 emissions for hotels.
The project chosen by Orhideea Residence & Spa to offset its unavoidable GHG emissions is RMDLT Project, an Amazonian forestry project that protects standing forest and the indigenous flora and fauna.
The carbon zero emissions strategy of Orhideea Residence & Spa has been implemented in Romania with the help of Carbon Expert, which is an official ALLCOT partner for Eastern Europe.
Orhideea Residence & Spa is the largest aparthotel and spa complex in Bucharest, offering 80 fully equipped 1 or 2 bedroom luxury apartments with living rooms, kitchens and balcony, ranging in size from 93m2 to 316m2 per apartment. The spa itself covers more than 3000m2 and includes a full suite of treatments including a hammam, sauna and swimming pools.