Orhideea Residence & Spa, which is carbon neutral thanks to Allcot, is a 2017 Travelers’ Choice Award Winner
ALLCOT has registered the first TIGRs project from Latin America certified by
ALLCOT ha registrado el primer proyecto TIGRs de América Latina certificado por
- ALLCOT registers the first LatAm TIGRs project with APX https://t.co/ZnzrKpHMZ5 18 hours
- First ‘zero-emissions’ Winter Olympics kicks off in South Korea https://t.co/injUwWHNva via @Climate_Action_ 2 days
- The EU could double the renewable share in its energy mix, cost effectively, from 17% in 2015 to 34% in 2030 https://t.co/IpZjtZP2Qt 2 days
- Why we should invest in natural resources to build a sustainable future https://t.co/1FaozPohh2 via @wef 1 week
- Soccer, cricket and golf handicapped by UK climate change: study https://t.co/3zLTRHetSq https://t.co/q9ofYaHROU 1 week
- ALLCOT will be presenting at VII @InterEcoForum 2018 on Low-carbon solutions for Climate Change Mitigation. 1st of… https://t.co/hPDYJZCYvv 1 week
- Climate Change and Deforestation Threaten World’s Largest Tropical Peatland https://t.co/ZdneALdHwR via… https://t.co/PgzIffNR4b 1 week
- World clean energy investment totalled $333.5 billion last year, up 3% from 2016 and the second highest annual figu… https://t.co/xbzpoIOwek 1 week
- A new data visualisation platform for climate resilience and adaptation practitioners has been launched https://t.co/dSI5bx80Ic 1 week
- Renewables push low carbon sources to almost 55 per cent of UK power mix https://t.co/scXAJatrkT via @BusinessGreen 2 weeks
Orhideea Residence & Spa, the largest aparthotel and spa in Bucharest, is a 2017 Travelers’ Choice Award Winner. Specifically, Orhideea Residence & Spa is a winner in the following categories: Top 25 Hotels — Romania and Top 25 Hotels for Service — Romania.
Travelers’ Choice awards are the highest honor TripAdvisor can give – meaning a business is truly exceptional. Based on reviews and opinions from millions of travelers, Orhideea Residence & Spa is in the top 1% of hotels in the world.
This shows that customers take sustainability into account when they choose accommodation. And offseting its unavoidable greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions is a part of a wider sustainability strategy developed by this aparthotel, which has already involved the replacement of incandescent lightbulbs with lowenergy LED units; improved waste sorting and reduced paper usage. Together, these actions make it one of Romania’s leading sustainable hotel and spa complexes, with 15kg tCO2e per night, which is less than half the Romanian national average of CO2 emissions for hotels.
The project chosen by Orhideea Residence & Spa to offset its unavoidable GHG emissions is RMDLT Project, an Amazonian forestry project that protects standing forest and the indigenous flora and fauna.
The carbon zero emissions strategy of Orhideea Residence & Spa has been implemented in Romania with the help of Carbon Expert, which is an official ALLCOT partner for Eastern Europe.
Orhideea Residence & Spa is the largest aparthotel and spa complex in Bucharest, offering 80 fully equipped 1 or 2 bedroom luxury apartments with living rooms, kitchens and balcony, ranging in size from 93m2 to 316m2 per apartment. The spa itself covers more than 3000m2 and includes a full suite of treatments including a hammam, sauna and swimming pools.