Orhideea Residence & Spa, which is carbon neutral thanks to Allcot, is a 2017 Travelers’ Choice Award Winner
Secretary-General, Business Leaders Identify Sectors for Aggressive Climate Action, Implementation of Paris Agreement
United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres and global leaders from local governments, the
El Secretario General de Naciones Unidas y líderes empresariales se reúnen para actuar sobre la implementación del Acuerdo de París
El Secretario General de las Naciones Unidas António Guterres y líderes mundiales
- Nespresso Launches First Major Sustainability Campaign https://t.co/9JNNlXcbKC via @SustainBrands 2 days
- Corporations With 100% Renewable Energy Goals Now Account for 150 Terawatt-Hours Per Year https://t.co/J4zdaSm1hH 2 days
- Google's search for business value in circular cities https://t.co/cEcV6clUsc via @GreenBiz 3 days
- India ready to work above and beyond Paris climate deal https://t.co/OAyuLZGwu9 3 days
- Secretary-General,Business Leaders Identify Sectors for Aggressive Climate Action, Implementation of Paris Agreement https://t.co/hZZojAruUt 3 days
- Renewable energy: A world turned upside down https://t.co/8X13pJz14B 4 days
- Is the boreal forest on the edge of a climate change tipping point? https://t.co/6qYVccSZgj 4 days
- Giant corporations are asking for new policies to push circular economy https://t.co/mTkIZ54YNx 4 days
- Free PSD Mockup Paper Bag and Vector Lettering - TeesLab Design https://t.co/PLrYdiybhc 1 week
- New Climate Risk Classification Created to Account for Potential “Existential” Threats https://t.co/7bEOIeUCKz 1 week
Orhideea Residence & Spa, the largest aparthotel and spa in Bucharest, is a 2017 Travelers’ Choice Award Winner. Specifically, Orhideea Residence & Spa is a winner in the following categories: Top 25 Hotels — Romania and Top 25 Hotels for Service — Romania.
Travelers’ Choice awards are the highest honor TripAdvisor can give – meaning a business is truly exceptional. Based on reviews and opinions from millions of travelers, Orhideea Residence & Spa is in the top 1% of hotels in the world.
This shows that customers take sustainability into account when they choose accommodation. And offseting its unavoidable greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions is a part of a wider sustainability strategy developed by this aparthotel, which has already involved the replacement of incandescent lightbulbs with lowenergy LED units; improved waste sorting and reduced paper usage. Together, these actions make it one of Romania’s leading sustainable hotel and spa complexes, with 15kg tCO2e per night, which is less than half the Romanian national average of CO2 emissions for hotels.
The project chosen by Orhideea Residence & Spa to offset its unavoidable GHG emissions is RMDLT Project, an Amazonian forestry project that protects standing forest and the indigenous flora and fauna.
The carbon zero emissions strategy of Orhideea Residence & Spa has been implemented in Romania with the help of Carbon Expert, which is an official ALLCOT partner for Eastern Europe.
Orhideea Residence & Spa is the largest aparthotel and spa complex in Bucharest, offering 80 fully equipped 1 or 2 bedroom luxury apartments with living rooms, kitchens and balcony, ranging in size from 93m2 to 316m2 per apartment. The spa itself covers more than 3000m2 and includes a full suite of treatments including a hammam, sauna and swimming pools.