The impact of climate change has never been so tangible. The climate determines lifeconditions: food security, water scarcity, economic activity, and human security.
If we do not remedy the situation, these are some of the already visible consequences we will increasingly face:
- Increase of frequency of extreme weather events.
- Polar thaw and sea level rise.
- Ocean acidification.
- Soil desertification.
- Increase of climate migrations
- Loss of biodiversity and extinction of species.
Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions are the responsible for the current climate crisis. The main GHGs are water steam (H2O), carbon dioxide (CO2), nitrous oxide (N2O), methane (CH4), etc. ALLCOT offers companies an inventory of the emissions for which a corporation, product, or service is responsible and provides different options to mitigate them, both through compensation and reduction.
The Carbon Footprint report is the result of the study of the generation of Green House Gas (GHG) emissions based on the following scopes:
- Scope 1: direct emissions associated with fuel consumption related to all activities under the operational control of your organization. Examples of this are consumption linked to heating, cooking, machinery and equipment maintenance, as well as your own vehicle fleet, together with fugitive emissions and refueling of your air conditioning equipment.
- Scope 2: indirect emissions associated with electricity consumption linked to lighting and air conditioning, among others.
- Scope 3: other indirect emissions, such as water consumption, product purchases, waste generation, transportation of employees, business trips and stays, as well as suppliers and subcontractors.
As a minimum reporting criterion, organizations choose the study of Scope 1 and 2. As a differentiating factor, organizations calculate emissions for Scope 3. It provides a true picture of what risks your organization faces and how they can be mitigated.
ALLCOT will evaluate with each interested company, which Scope 3 stakeholders are vital for your study based on the present needs of your organization to define your baseline and improve it over the years in a qualitative and quantitative way.
In ALLCOT we quantify, evaluate and help design your mitigation and sustainability strategy through:
- Inventory, accounting and analysis of Greenhouse Gases (GHG) to calculate your Carbon Footprint and generate your Report, based on:
- Data collection and evaluation of information sources.
- Selection of internationally approved calculation methodology (ISO 14064; PAS 2050; GHG Protocol or others).
- Establishment of limits, exclusions and uncertainty.
- Evaluation of the company´s Carbon Footprint for the definition of reduction strategies and relevant.
- Alignment of your organization’s objectives with Agenda 2030: identification of SDG.
To do this, ALLCOT will make available to you the set of projects that, from our own portfolio, best fit the strategy of your organization.
In accordance with ICAO guidelines the calculations are limited to the CO2 amounts released into the atmosphere by the aircraft engines during a flight. Radiative Forcing Index (RFI) or other such multipliers are not yet used in the calculation due to the scientific community has not yet reached a consensus on the use of the RFI or other such multipliers. ICAO is working in collaboration with IPCC on this subject and we will adapt our methodology in due course accordingly.
To be able to reverse its negative impact on climate change.
- Possibility to draw up a continuous strategy with traceable indicators of progress in the
sustainability of the organization against its stakeholders.
- Cost savings and improved process efficiency.
- Adaptation to current legal regulations and advance to the necessary regulations.
- Acquire brand value and an added quality badge.
- It links the organization’s social responsibility to the United Nations Sustainable
Resulted benefits are listed below:
- First step towards reversing negative impact on climate change.
- Possibility of drawing up a continuous strategy with traceable indicators of the progress in the sustainability of the organization vis-à-vis its stakeholders.
- Cost savings and better process efficiency. Anticipation and adaptation to legal requirements.
- Additional value, in terms of marketing bechmarking.
- Reporting of the social corporate responsibility in terms of UN SDGs.
- Verified footprint measured in tons of CO2 equivalent.
- Official offset certificate in the case of neutralization.
The calculation of the carbon footprint for direct emissions for organizations requires 40 hours of labour (data collection, calculation and writing of the report).
For the other calculations, these times vary depending on the scope and volume of data
ALLCOT counts with more than ten-years of experience and fieldwork related to sustainability and climate change. ALLCOT currently contributes to the reduction of 4 million tons of equivalent CO2 annually global equivalents.
Being the only company offering a wide range of projects to achieve carbon neutrality and sustainability, assures ALLCOT as the most competent carbon and sustainability related enterprise in the market today.