The impact of climate change has never been so palpable. The climate determines the conditions of life: food security, water stress, economic activity, and human security.
If we do not remedy the situation, these are some of the already visible consequences we will increasingly face:
- Rising frequency of extreme weather events.
- Polar thaw and sea-level rise.
- Ocean acidification.
- Soil desertification.
- Increase of climate migrations.
- Loss of biodiversity and extinction of species.
Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions are responsible for the current climate crisis. The main GHGs are water vapor (H2O), carbon dioxide (CO2), nitrous oxide (N2O), methane (CH4), etc. ALLCOT offers companies an inventory of the emissions for which a corporation, product, or service is responsible and provides different options to mitigate them, both through compensation and reduction.
Carbon Footprint Calculation:
- Corporate: measures direct and/or indirect emissions resulting from the activities of an organization.
- Product: measures the carbon footprint of a particular product, from the beginning to the end of its life cycle.
- Of service: measures the emissions resulting from the activity developed by the performance of a specific service.
All our calculations are based on globally recognized standards such as the GHG Protocol or ISO 14064.
After performing the calculation, we offer two options to reduce them:
- Emission reduction plans adapted according to the results of the footprint.
- Compensation of emissions through carbon absorption projects or their avoidance.
The benefits of applying this measure are numerous, including:
- First step towards reversing negative impact on climate change.
- Possibility of drawing up a continuous strategy with traceable indicators of the progress in the sustainability of the organization vis-à-vis its stakeholders.
- Cost savings and better process efficiency.
- Anticipation and adaptation to legislative requirements.
- Acquisition of brand value and an differentiator factor.
- Link the social responsibility of the organization with the UN SDGs.