Organizations, regardless of their size, are key actors towards the accomplishment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). The SDGs establish a transparent framework for organizations. The SDG establishes a transparent framework for organizations. SDG services aligned with organizations are intended to help businesses in diverse industries and across all continents address the world’s most critical issues.
Organizations cannot thrive in a world of poverty, inequality, unrest, and environmental problems, so they have a particular interest in ensuring compliance with Agenda 2030 and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals. By advocating for recognized standards and principles in the areas of human rights, dignified work, the environment, and anti-corruption, companies make an essential contribution to the SDGs. Many companies already acted and reported on the issues covered by the SDGs, such as climate change, water management and working conditions. However, ALLCOT has developed the following services to support companies in making a greater impact on the SDGs.
SDG mapping is a tool that supports organizations to identify and align their actions with the 17 SDGs and thus contribute to their global and local attainment. For the mission of aligning an organization with the 17 SDGs and their more than 150 associated goals, ALLCOT establishes a diagnosis and a road map, after confirming or reorienting specific actions that the organization has already taken.
SDG Mapping can be applied to public and private organizations regardless of the advancement of their sustainability strategy:
- Leading organizations in sustainable development
- Organizations that need to boost or improve their sustainable development.
- Organizations are becoming involved in the measurement of their sustainable development.
In all three cases the mapping process employs the following methodologies:
- Data Gathering
- Data processing with tool: SDG Initial Assessment Tool
- Risk Analysis.
- Materiality Analysis.
- Identifies your organisation’s level of quantitative and qualitative contributions to the SDGs.
- Identifies the priorities to be included in the sustainability strategy of each project, organization, or sector.
- Identifies strengths and opportunities for each organization in regard to achieving the SDGs and the sustainable growth of the organization.
- Prioritization of performance indicators and strategic sustainability actions.
- Compliance status of sustainability indicators according to standards.
- Defining priorities for sustainability in relation to the SDGs.