The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) have become the global priorities to solve the problems humanity and the planet face. These were approved at the United Nations Summit in September 2015 where the member States of the UN agreed the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Since 2015, governments, civil society, academia and the private sector have focused and adjusted their actions to contribute to the fulfillment of the SDGs. Doing so implies a retrospective and prospective evaluation of the sustainability of the actions carried by each individual and organization.
The SDG Monitoring & Improvement Roadmap is a tool that allows organizations to not only know what the impact of their processes on different stakeholders, but to focus on the concrete measures they can apply to mitigate negative externalities and maximize the positive ones.
Through the report, all the information obtained from SDG Mapping and SDG Quantification can be translated into a roadmap oriented towards ambitious, measurable goals. This roadmap takes into account the SDGs in the context of the organization’s business model.
The SDG Monitoring and Improvement Roadmap can be applied for public and private organizations at any stage of their sustainability strategy development:
- Leading organizations in sustainable development.
- Organizations that need to promote or improve their sustainable development.
- Organizations that seek to measure their sustainable development.
In all three cases the mapping process integrates the following methodologies:
- Analysis of SDG indicators that could be directly and indirectly affected.
- Industry benchmarking and goal setting .
- Design of a mitigation/compensation strategy for negative impact.
- Monitoring plan to follow up on SDG indicators.
The Roadmap Improvement & monitoring plan brings some direct benefits to your Organizations, some of these benefits include:
- It allows you to invest your resources in social investments efficiently.
- It allows for the establishment of a clear plan of action, which minimizes the margin of error when generating impact.
- This service allows you to make your impact visible to your stakeholders.
- Strategy design to compensate and mitigate the impact.
- Sustainability indicators compliance status against standards.
- Roadmap with specific actions to improve SDG indicators in the organization.